Capital Hydrotherapy specialises in hydrotherapy, aquatic physiotherapy and rehabilitation. Capital Hydrotherapy is a water based exercise program, designed by Exercise Physiologists and Physiotherapists to specifically suit an individual’s needs
Welcome to Capital Hydrotherapy Online
Call (02) 6230 5855 for an appointment.
8/2 King St, Deakin ACT 2600
Capital Hydrotherapy specialises in hydrotherapy, aquatic physiotherapy and rehabilitation. Capital Hydrotherapy is a water based exercise program, designed by Exercise Physiologists and Physiotherapists to specifically suit an individual’s needs. It has a particular focus on rehabilitation and has proven to be very beneficial for:
- knee and hip surgery/replacements
- pre/post ankle fusion surgery
- pre/post spinal fusion and laminectomy
- tibial osteotomies
- pre/post rotator cuff/shoulder/elbow surgery
- post motor vehicle accident
- work place accidents/overuse injuries
- Chronic pain - osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia
- Systemic viral conditions - glandular fever, chronic fatigue
- Neurological Rehabilitation (Spinal Cord Injury, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Dystonia/Muscle Imbalance)
The warmth of the Hydrotherapy pools (33 degrees) and the hydrostatic pressure can reduce swelling, improve blood circulation, reduce muscle spasm, tight fascia & connective tissue, decrease pain and induce muscle relaxation. The supportive properties of the water can assist with stability, mobility, proprioception and balance. The resistance of the warm water, increased if needed with the use of specific aides such as hand gloves, paddles, floats & dumbells, can improve strength-endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
Private Health fund rebates available.
Entitled Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) clients may be referred for clinically necessary Exercise Physiology treatment by their General Practitioner on a valid D904 referral form.
Land based Exercise Physiology sessions are also available (progression after Hydrotherapy); pilates programs, swiss ball programs, and Fall Preventions Programs. EPC and Team Care Arrangements are also available and encouraged (see your GP for referral).